After lunch, we checked everyone into the hotel and after some luggage arrangement, brushed our teeth and took showers. That was really important after traveling for almost a solid day. The wave of fatigue that then hit us was so overwhelming that we knew in order to stay awake until evening, we would have to be doing something active. So we wandered around downtown Berlin, taking in some of its culture and treats.
While I like to believe I have a great sense of direction and have mad exploring skills, I have to admit that by the end of our very circuitous journey, I had us all turned around. It was getting dark and it the cool pleasant day had turned to pretty intense showers. After getting some groceries and an umbrella, we started off and then asked for directions from a very kind doorman at the Ritz-Carlton who also insisted that Alicia take his umbrella (he didn't think much of our new umbrella). While I may not be able to afford places like the Ritz-Carlton, I am always impressed with how well they treat everyone, including those who are staying in competing hotels and asking for directions.
When we finally arrived back at the hotel we called the kids, had a quick dinner from a local sandwich shop and some of the groceries, but when we tried to look at a few things on the computer we literally couldn't keep our eyes open and eventually gave up.
Tomorrow we will be figuring out how to get to Stockholm (train, plane, ferry). Then it will be Sweden for Midsommer Eve and Midsommer. We are very excited.
That Video looks like it would be pretty awesome... If it wasn't private.
ReplyDelete