Berlin is...
A lot like San Francisco, without the water.
Pretty clean, the only trash I see has something to do with beer bottles.
Rainy, at least once a day for about an hour.
Pretty friendly... if they speak English. If not, no smiles.
Architecturally fascinating, the juxtaposition of very old and very new is fantastic.
Just like New York, but with a lot less people.
Full of tourists. Unless they work here they are probably from somewhere else.
A constant reminder of their regrets of WWII. Solemn memorials abound.
In love with beer, curry, paprika and sausage in any shape or combination.
In love with beer... Did I mention that?
A serious biking people. Just on cruisers and such, not race biking like the hills of Herriman. Watch out, or you are likely to be skewered by the front end of a bike... especially on the sidewalk.
A bunch of uber-crazy drivers. I've decided it's man against teeny-tiny car.
Very touristy. Just like any other big city.
Amazingly quiet. Shhhhhh. Jody and family REALLY stand out here.
Fashionably.... about the same as a big city in the U.S.
Still getting over it's past of soviet and nazi oppression. There is a wide range of murals and graffiti... on everything that doesn't move.
A parade city, one day it was a Catholic Mass in the open square...The next it was the Christopher Street parade, otherewise known as a gay/lesbian pride parade. Ummm... We avoided downtown this morning. :)
Has the longest words I've ever seen in my life.
Full of really, really stinky cheese. Even the mild havarti we bought smells of things I really can't describe to in mixed company. Ewwww. Really.
Very appreciative of nuts, especially hazelnuts.
Insistent upon makingup the hotel room no later than 11:00. So you had better be dressed, they'll enter no matter what you are doing.
Isn't a fan of refrigeration in general. Eggs and meats sit out and seem to dry out around the edges. These are the sandwiches we get from any and all bakeries.
Awash with herring; pickled, creamed, and prepared in ways I can't quite identify.
Not full of beggars, I have only seen one guy pull something to eat from the trash. And he looked like he was living out of his back pack.
McDonald's friendly. Burgers taste just the same. But you can get a deep fried veggie burger here. Oh...there's no dollar (euro) menu.
To be continued...
Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment